Please read this document carefully. We will print a copy for your reference at your request.
“We,” “us,” “our” and “Byrider” means J.D. Byrider Franchising, LLC, its franchisees, its owned and licensed dealerships, affiliates, subsidiaries agents and representatives, as well as its successors, and assigns.
“You” and “your” means the person giving this consent.
“Records” means all documents related to your purchase and financing of a used motor vehicle from Byrider, such as your credit application, your retail installment contract, consumer disclosures, billing statements, online bill payments and payment authorizations, transaction histories, privacy policies, extension and modification agreements and other servicing documents, and includes, without limitation, all related communications or exchanges of information, including information and documents we are required by law to provide to you in writing during the course of our business relationship with you. The definition of “Records” in this consent does not include, nor apply to, documents, material, information, evaluations or reports we use internally to evaluate and process your application, purchase or financing or our internal records and information.
2. SCOPE OF CONSENT. By giving your consent, you agree to conduct your purchase or financing with Byrider at one of our locations using our computer to receive, view and electronically sign Records. You understand and agree such electronic signatures will consist of clicking on buttons and/or checking boxes where indicated. You also consent to the use of electronic Records displayed on the computer you are using, as well as any Records that we send to you electronically. If you have given us an email address, we may provide Records to you electronically or in digital form by emailing them to you at that email address, which may include the Records as attachments or as embedded links. Your consent will be effective unless you withdraw it in the manner provided below.
3. HOW TO UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION. You agree to provide us with your accurate personal contact information and to promptly notify us of any changes. If you have a working email address, your personal contact information must include that email address. You can update your contact information (including your email address, if applicable) by contacting us at 1-800-353-2622.
4. OBTAINING PAPER COPIES. While you are at our location, you may obtain free paper copies of your Records from us. If you have a working email address, you can also obtain a free paper copy of any Record by choosing to have your Records emailed to you, where you can view and print your Records using your computer, or by contacting us at 1-800-353-2622to request that a free paper copy be mailed to you. The request for a paper copy of a Record will not by itself constitute a withdrawal of your consent to receive Records electronically. We reserve the right, but are not required, to send a paper copy of any Record you authorize us to provide electronically.
5. WITHDRAWING CONSENT. If you do not consent to the use of electronic signatures and Records, you can still complete your purchase and financing of a motor vehicle by using paper documents we will provide to you. In addition, if you give your consent, but withdraw it before completing your purchase or financing, you will be able to complete these transactions by using paper documents we will print for you to sign. You may also withdraw your consent to receive Records electronically at any time by contacting us at 1-800-353-2622 to update your profile information.
We will not impose any fee if you withdraw your consent to receive Records electronically. If you withdraw your consent to receive Records electronically, such withdrawal will not apply to Records that were furnished to you electronically before the date on which the withdrawal of your consent takes effect. If you provided information to us through or using a third party website, such as a form you filled out on a website of a third party, this consent does not apply to them and if you contact us to withdraw your consent, that will not affect whatever terms or conditions, policies, consents or authorizations you may have provided to any of those third parties. You should read their terms and conditions and policies and decide if you need to contact them separately to withdraw any consents or approvals you may have given them.
6. HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS. In order to use electronic signatures and Records you need to have an electronic device that supports the use of Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher, Chrome, Safari 5.0 or higher, or an equivalent. You also need hardware as necessary to support this software, including, without limitation, an electronic device using a Windows 98, NT, 2000, ME XP, Vista or 7 operating system that supports 128-bit encryption, sufficient storage space to save copies of your Records, a modem with internet access, and a printer if you wish to print paper copies. You will need a program that can view, save and print PDF files (such as Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher). The computer that you are using at our location has all of the necessary hardware and software for you to use electronic Records and signatures. If you choose to have copies of your Records emailed to you, you will need the same hardware and software that we use, plus a working email account, to receive, view, sign and print your Records. If we ever change the hardware or software requirements in a way that creates a material risk that you will not be able to access or retain a Record that we previously sent you, we will send you notice of the revised requirements.
By checking the E-Sign Consent box, you agree that:
• You have read this consent,
• You will use electronic signatures and Records on our computer or other digital or electronic device at one of our locations or on your computer or another digital or electronic device at another location;
• You have the necessary hardware and software to view Records online and print them (or request printed copies from us) and to receive Records that we send to you by email; and
• Your consent applies to every Record that we may send you during our business relationship unless you revoke your consent.