Are you a potential car buyer with a checkered credit history? Maybe you have had some credit trouble in your past, or maybe you don’t have any credit at all? Whatever the case, J.D. Byrider is the right buy here pay here in Cincinnati to find your next vehicle.
If you were to shop for your next vehicle at a traditional dealership, you would find that they lean heavily on your credit score to make a lending decision.
J.D. Byrider is different. As a buy here pay here dealership, we take a number of factors into consideration before making a decision on financing. That means you have a much better chance to get the loan you need to purchase a quality used car.
Trust is important when shopping for used cars, and J.D. Byrider is a lot you can believe in – it’s just that simple. We have been in business for more than 25 years, which makes us a rare breed in this industry. Buy here pay here lots in Cincinnati and elsewhere tend to come and go, but we are different. Our track record speaks for itself, so you can shop here with confidence.
This guide has been designed to take you from start to finish in the buy here pay here car buying process. If you have any questions with regard to this kind of car buying experience, or you are wondering why you should pick J.D. Byrider over the competition, this guide should have the answers.
Chapter One – Shop Buy Here Pay Here in Cincinnati
Many people have never shopped at a buy here pay here car dealership, and some don’t even know what the term means. That’s not a problem – we are here to help! Fortunately, buy here pay here is easy. All it means is that you are going to be finding the car and paying for the car in the same location. That might sound like an obvious thing, but it is actually not how the car buying process usually works.
Car purchases at traditional dealerships are usually financed through a third-party bank, meaning your paperwork has to be sent off site for approval. It doesn’t work that way at J.D. Byrider. We finance the loan right here in house, meaning you only deal with us from start to finish. This simplicity is a welcome change from the usual car buying routine, and it means that those with bad credit or no credit will have a chance to be approved.
If you don’t want to be judged solely on your credit score when trying to buy a car, visiting a buy here pay here dealership is a great decision. And, if you are going to visit a buy here pay here lot, why not visit the best? Stop by J.D. Byrider in Cincinnati and you will be pleasantly surprised with the selection of quality vehicles available. We look forward to serving you soon!
Chapter Two – Cincinnati, OH Car Buying
When you need to buy a car, you probably don’t have a lot of time to waste. And, if you don’t currently have a car to get you around town, you don’t want to ask friends or take public transit just to visit a bunch of dealerships. By coming to the right lot the first time, you can pick out your vehicle and get on with life.
So how do you know when you have found a good buy here pay here car lot? We have highlighted five points that should help you make the right pick.
- Credit score is not the only factor in financing decision
- Longevity – look for a lot that has been in business for five years or more
- The vehicles available are backed by warranty protection
- Willing to structure payments to meet your needs
- Will report your payments to credit bureaus to help you rebuild score
Unfortunately, most of the buy here pay here lots in and around Cincinnati are going to fall short on at least one of those points – if not on all five. To have all of these needs met, consider coming to J.D. Byrider. We have been in business for many years, we back our vehicles with a warranty, and your payments will be reported to the major credit bureaus.
To make sure you understand just how great the car buying experience at J.D. Byrider can be, please take a look at the list of benefits below –
- An on-site approval process
- In some cases, down payments for as little as $0*
- Payments on a bi-weekly basis, for as little as $150**
- Cars which have been reconditioned, serviced, and computer-tested
- Vehicles verified for a clean title
- Limited Warranty coverage for 24-months/24,000-miles
- Affordable service and repair
- Opportunity to improve your credit score through timely payments
Chapter Three – Buy Here Pay Here for $0 Down in Cincinnati
For many buyers, the down payment is one of the biggest hurdles that needs to be cleared in order to purchase a vehicle. At a traditional dealership, you might need to put a significant amount of money down in order to secure a loan and close the deal. That is fine if you have cash on hand to use for such a purchase – but not everyone has that kind of money available.
If you need to buy a car right away, and you don’t have cash on hand to make enough of a down payment, you might be out of luck. Unless you come to J.D. Byrider. We understand that you might not be able to make a big payment right now, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to buy a car. Some of our customers are able to buy a vehicle with no money down*, while others are able to close a deal with only a small down payment.
To find out what kind of down payment will be required in your case, all you need to do is come by and pay us a visit. Our friendly team will be happy to help you work through the financing process to create a deal that meets your needs both in terms of down payment as well as bi-weekly payments moving forward. We love to help our customers purchase vehicles without placing a strain on their financial lives. Come see us so we can do the same for you!
Chapter Four – Six Benefits of Buy Here Pay Here in Cincinnati
There are certainly some valid reasons to shop at a traditional dealership in Cincinnati, such as the line of shiny new cars they always seem to have parked out by the street. But what about the buy here pay here options? Why would you go in this direction as opposed to a traditional dealer? Below, we have listed six advantages of going through a buy here pay here lot like J.D. Byrider for your next car purchase.
- Save time. No one has time to waste while they are busy trying to keep up with life in Cincinnati. Unfortunately, a traditional dealer is likely to demand that you spend nearly your entire day on their lot before the deal will be closed. The story is different at J.D. Byrider. We respect your time, and we want to help you close this deal as quickly as possible.
- Credit approval ease. This is perhaps the biggest reason to choose a buy here pay here lot. If you are worried that your low credit score – or your lack of credit history – may make it difficult for you to get financing, consider coming to J.D. Byrider first. Our credit approvals tend to be easier than going through a third-party bank, which is what is going to happen if you shop at a traditional dealership.
- Find a reliable vehicle. You don’t have time to deal with the hassles that come along with not having a functional vehicle. To find a mode of transportation that you can trust, at a price you can afford, buy here pay here lots tend to be the best bet.
- Grow your credit. We mentioned this point briefly earlier, but it is worth highlighting again because of its importance. You already know that having a low credit score can make life challenging in a number of ways. Not only is it hard to get a car loan without a strong score, you may also have trouble buying a house. By purchasing from a buy here pay here lot that reports payments to the credit bureaus – like J.D. Byrider does – you can work on bettering that score one payment at a time.
- A schedule that works for you. At J.D. Byrider, we like to structure your payment schedule such that it matches up with your paydays. That means that you should have no trouble making your payment each two weeks when it comes up. We like to put our buyers in a position to succeed with their loan, and this point is just one example of that commitment.
- Modest down payments. It is worth mentioning again here that J.D. Byrider has a reputation for being able to finance car purchases with very little money down – in some cases, as little as $0 down* may be required. Once we work with you to determine your budget and your available down payment, we can structure a deal that will work specifically for your needs.
Chapter Five – Overcoming Bankruptcy and Repossession
Most likely, your credit troubles stem from a specific negative event or two in the past. You don’t need to be a bad person in order to run into credit trouble – it happens to plenty of people who have nothing but the best intentions. If you’ve gone through a major financial issue in your past, like a bankruptcy or repossession, that experience can leave a damaging mark on your credit for years to come.
At J.D. Byrider, we understand that these things can happen in life. We are not going to judge you solely on the damage that this event has done to your credit score. Instead, we will look at your entire profile, including things like your income to determine whether we can provide financing.
In the end, one thing that buy here pay here lots do have in common with traditional dealerships is that each lending decision is made on a case-by-case basis. Until you come see us, you won’t be able to know whether you can qualify for a vehicle loan. So stop by right away to learn more about what we can offer!
Chapter Six – The Financing Process – Quick and Easy
We take great pride in our simple financing process here at J.D. Byrider. In fact, one common theme you will find among most buy here pay here dealerships is that they aim to make the financing process as simple as possible. As you may be aware, ‘simple’ is not exactly a word you would use to describe financing at a traditional dealership.
Of course, it is important for you to take care of some things on your end to make the financing process run smoothly when you do arrive to pick out a car. If you can bring the following items with you on the day that you plan to buy, it will be much easier to make it all the way through financing without any trouble.
- A valid driver’s license
- Your most recent pay stub
- Your most recent utility bill
- Down payment
- Contact information for yourself, list of references
- If you are trading in a vehicle, bring the title to that vehicle
Taking out a car loan is a serious commitment. While we are happy to work with buyers who have less-than-perfect credit histories, we still need to make sure that buyers are serious about repaying this debt. For that reason, we have to collect some basic information and background data. With that information in hand, we will be able to make a determination as to what kind of loan offer makes sense in your case.
Chapter Seven – Excellent Buy Here Pay Here Inventory in Cincinnati
Let’s be honest – you don’t want to drive around Cincinnati in a piece of junk. Not only do you want a car that is going to be reliable out on the road, you want one that is going to look good, as well. If you are picturing buy here pay here lots filled with ugly, worn-out old vehicles, you need to think again. That is simply not the case – at least, not when you shop at J.D. Byrider.
Some buy here pay here lots do sell some ugly cars, and they sell them as-is. We don’t work that way at J.D. Byrider. The vehicles you find here will be backed by a 24-month/24,000-mile limited warranty. Not only that, but we also recondition the vehicles so they are looking their best by the time you arrive at our lot.
When we purchase vehicles to sell in Cincinnati, we don’t just find anything we can locate at an auction. Rather, we look for cars with low mileage and clean titles. We take a pass on cars with restored titles, or those that have been salvaged or rebuilt. We care too much about our reputation in this business to sell those kinds of vehicles to our customers.
As mentioned above, your vehicle will be covered by a limited warranty. If you need work performed on the vehicle that falls outside of the warranty, such work is eligible for our preferred service pricing in our on-site service department.
Chapter Eight – Support After Your Purchase
If you buy a vehicle from another buy here pay here lot in Cincinnati, you probably won’t receive much in the way of support after your purchase in complete. In fact, you might not even be able to find the dealership again – some come and go quite quickly thanks to poor business practices.
J.D. Byrider has been in business for many years, and we value the relationships that we build with our customers. Our dealerships all have service departments, meaning we want to help you keep your car out on the road for as long as possible. Most of the staff in our service departments are ASE Master Technicians who can solve just about anything that comes along.
Even if you do decide to visit another buy here pay here lot in the Cincinnati area, be sure to ask them about their post-sale support for customers. If they don’t offer some form of warranty or guarantee, it would be a good idea to move on.
Chapter Nine – Completing the Financing Process
It should be clear by now that getting approved for financing at J.D. Byrider is going to be easier than it would be at a traditional Cincinnati dealership. With that said, we still do have to make sure you meet some basic qualifications before we can offer a loan. These requirements are easy enough for most potential car buyers to meet, but it is a good idea to review them now before you attempt to make a purchase. If any of the points below seems like a problem, consider taking action to correct that problem before trying to acquire your next vehicle.
Some examples of what you may need to order to close a deal include the following –
- For starters, you will need to have a steady income which can be used to make payments
- You will need to have a valid driver’s license to obtain financing
- The payments on the car you are considering must fit into your budget
- Many buyers will need a down payment, so think about how much you can afford to spend upfront
- You’ll need to prove your place of residence, such as with a utility bill
- A list of references
It is possible that you will be asked for other pieces of information, or that you won’t need everything on this list. However, this list is a good place to start. The key is that you make an effort to be as prepared as possible for the financing process before you arrive at J.D. Byrider. We aim to offer you a smooth, hassle-free financing experience, but that requires some help from you as well. If you can work together with us, we can make this the best car buying experience you’ve ever had!
Chapter Ten – Get Started Today
We appreciate the time you have taken to review this buying guide, and we hope that you are ready to come see us soon at a J.D. Byrider location in Cincinnati. Between the easy financing process we offer and the extensive inventory of great cars we have available, we are the best buy here pay here option in town.
It is no coincidence that we have served more than one million customers so far in our history. We work hard to make our lots great places to shop for quality used vehicles, and we are proud to make it possible for those with bad credit to purchase a reliable car. Rather than spending your valuable time trying to buy a car from a traditional dealership, only to be turned down in the end, come to J.D. Byrider and have a positive experience from start to finish.
Your past credit troubles don’t need to haunt you any longer – at least, not when it comes to buying a car. Your life in Cincinnati is too busy to try to get by any longer without a vehicle of your own. We are sure that one of the vehicles on one of our Cincinnati lots will be perfect for your needs, and we will be happy to help you find it.
Thank you for investing some of your time here on our site, and please contact us right away if you have any questions about the car buying experience available at J.D. Byrider in Cincinnati. We look forward to serving you!